Tuesday 13 April 2010

SPURS SPY WILL STRIKE AGAIN!

I've done it twice before and it looks like I will have to do it again! It was tough both times but ended up being worth it both times! Tomorrow night will be even harder so I'm hoping the result will make it all worth while!

Confused? Yes, you should be! The company I work for have a box at Spurs, not just any box, but THE box! It's just above the dug out and has a pretty much perfect view that you'd expect to see at any football match. Although the standard of football seen throughout the season has nothing on what you'd see at the Emirates. Or probably even Hull!

I've been quite a few times in the last three years. I've dressed smartly, behaved properly (and being a Gooner, it's hard), kept things calm when the opposition has scored and just generally enjoyed the night or day out. I'm a football fan so when I get the opportunity to go to a box I won't ever turn it down, no matter what team it is. As you can see I've also met a few famous faces. Most notably my good friend Eduardo. This was during a Spurs v Dinamo Zagreb game that the Scum won, but Eduardo and Slaven Bilic were there to meet a few of their Croatian friends after the game. It was during Eduardo's time out after that horror tackle. I saw him, got my phone out and funnily enough the Croatian manager himself took this picture and I'm not even joking. I did of course get a picture with Bilic (and no, Eddie didn't take it) and in the bar I got a picture with Pat Jennings so I couldn't believe my luck. And just quickly before I get back to the actual point of this post, I was wearing the yellow away socks, from last season, underneath my suit just to feel calmer about being surrounded by everything Tottenham and after I got the picture taken with him I tapped him on the shoulder, lifted my trouser leg up and pointed to the socks and said, "I'm a Gooner!" I think he understood me because he laughed but I'm probably hoping he understood me as that just makes me feel better!

Anyway, here's the real reason for the post. Becuase my boss owns the box and Spurs have somehow got to Wembley three seasons running, they're allocated 8 tickets for every match at Wembley so the boss can either buy them for customers or sell them to everyone in the office. So for Spurs v Man Utd in the Carling Cup final last year, I went. And yes, HELL YES, I was there to see Pompey sink the Spurs to another Wembley defeat this weekend just gone.

Both times I had to keep my head down as everytime I made slight eye contact with a Spurs fan I thought I'd somehow give away my true colours. Or I thought they would just be able to tell that I was a Gooner! It was all in my head though, luckily. The Man Utd game was good because I hate them probably just as much as I do Spurs so I absolutely slaughtered Rooney, Lady Boy Ronaldo and Nanny, and at the same time I wanted them to win. I just didn't want to go home with cocky Spurs fans raving and chanting about having one of those rare seasons where they win something and we don't!

The Portsmouth game this weekend was even harder! I don't hate them! And I thought Spurs were going to walk through to the final. Shit! The tickets were cheaper than the Carling Cup final and I just love Wembley so I had to go again. So this was my second time being a spy and even better, we were up against them after this game so I could get a general vibe of what they think about the derby. Portsmouth banged one in in extra time (which made me so happy, 2 hours of sloppy, slippery football against a team that were just going to contain all pressure and go for the break, excellent, especially when we were having a week to rest, train and get pumped) and seeing those Portsmouth fans go absolutely mental made me want to just shout my f*cking head off and join them but I had to keep my kool. I literally sat there and just bit my fingers.

Also, I must just quickly add how surprised I was at the Portsmouth fans being so bitter about all this Harry Redknapp business and all the players that have been traded between the two teams. Well, surprised is the wrong word to use as I know about all the problems they've had this season and I know what it's like to hate someone that's played for you and left you. I guess I just forgot about it and didn't expect them to act like that. I say "act like that" as I was on the train a couple of stops away from Wembley and we slowed down to one of the stops on the way there and you could hear all this chanting, I thought it was going to be Spurs fans, but I was wrong. This large group of early to mid twentys nutters came on and some of the shit they were coming out with was f*cking brilliant. I was surrounded by "Scummers" at the time (that's what they called Spurs fans) so I didn't say anything but I had a huge grin on my face. This is some of the shit they were singing... "HE SCORES, HE CUMS, ALL OVER HARRY'S BUM, JERMAIN DEFOE, JERMAIN DEFOE!"... "HARRY'S A CUNT, AND SO'S DEFOE, HARRY'S A CUNT, AND SO'S DEFOE!"... "WHEN SOL, WENT UP, TO LIFE THE FA CUP, WE WERE THERE, WE WERE THERE!"... And they even used one of my personal favourites... "DER DER DER DER, SOL'S A GOONA', DER DER DER DER, SOL'S A GOONA'! I've never seen Spurs fans so quiet, not since we beat them 3-1 at the Lane in the 07-08 season (Adebayor wonder goal and Fabregas from miles out!). It did kick off though at Wembley Park so it had my adrenaline pumping and as I said to my mate, who I took with me, at the time (he's a Spurs fan), it added spice to the atmosphere!

I will be spying again tomorrow! No not at Wembley because farms don't interest me, but at the Lane! Yes, today my boss personally asked me if I wanted to watch MY team play his, and believe me, he is fully aware I'm 100% RED AND WHITE!!! So I've said yes and now I've got to work out how to wear a shirt and suit with an Arsenal shirt underneathe and not look fat and blatant that I'm an Arsenal fan. Wish me luck!

I'm not going to write about the game because I'm just too nervous and scared at the moment. I know so many Spurs fans and losing to them will end my life probably, so I'm just going to say this. Van Persie is back and although I don't believe he will be involved as much as some of us would like, his inclusion in the squad will hopefully put a rocket up Bendtner's ass and add confidence to the team's performance. Not that I think the team need it!

I'm excited because I may even meet a few of both sets of players and I'm always up for a picture with a footballer, but the main thing is the result and I'm praying that it goes our way! Especially now that Chelsea are creating a bit of daylight between them and the Mancs! Enjoy the game where ever you are and just be careful! I cannot f*cking wait!

RRREEEDDD AAARRRMMMYYY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment