Tuesday 6 April 2010

I WOULD LOVE ANOTHER BIG EUROPEAN NIGHT FROM THE BOYS!

It's nights like these that make football what it is! The nerves, the anticipation, the belief, the dreams of victory, and more importantly, the boys in red and white coming away with a result!

We've seen them do it before! Inter Milan 5-1 (in the group stage), Real Madrid, Juventus and Villareal (all in one season) and AC Milan 2-0. It's not like we haven't got it in our locker so I'm hoping I can add another Spanish giant to that list.

We've also been on the end of those sort of nights that we ourselves have dished out before. Man Utd last year in the semi finals and Liverpool in the quarters after the AC Milan result. However, win or lose, these European nights make football. It makes the Champions League, it makes us who we are as fans and it makes the players who they are when they put on that Arsenal shirt.

I'm not going to predict anything tonight, because I can't! I don't know what's going to happen and to be honest I don't think anyone does. We're capable of knocking out Barcelona because we do have the experience and I truly believe that, however we are also capable of another Man Utd in the home leg of THAT semi final! So I really don't know what to predict. My first thought is defeat as I feel they will be too strong for us, but don't you dare think that will stay in my mind for one second when the whistle blows and the game starts.

I do believe in my boys, and unfortunately I will not be attending the Twelve Pins to show my support, but I will be at home with Sky Sports, my white Arsenal shirt and my fists clenched praying that we can have a posotive impact on the game. It's going to be another classic I think.

Enjoy it if you're there, help the boys by trying to drown out the 95,000 Catalans and just believe in them. I'm sure if we can all think positively from NOW till 10:00pm tonight there's a slight chance the footballing Gods can help us. If you're not there, and you're in an Arsenal pub, make as much f*cking noise as you can! If you're at home with your parents or at your mate's house, make as much f*cking noise as you can! And if you're an Arsenal fan, just think positive. We have nothing to lose. No one is betting on us winning. No one is expecting anything from the boys in red and white so just stay positive.

Injuries have played their part on our season so far and we've not done bad at all considering, and I'm more than happy enough with whatever Wenger will go with (although I can't say that for the first leg). Will Walcott start? Will Campbell start? We will find out!

I just cannot wait! CUMMON YOU GUNNERS!!!

RRREEEDDD AAARRRMMMYYY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment