Saturday 3 April 2010

BARCELONA GAME WAS BRILLIANT! NOW WOLVES!


Wednesday night showed me something I've never seen before! Today, I want to see something that I always used to see!

So here we are, my first blog. I've never really been a writer in this sense so please forgive me if you spot thousands of mistakes and bad grammar. I was always pretty good at English at school, primary and secondary, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Anyway! As I say, Wednesday night showed me something that I've never seen before, as an Arsenal supporter. Barcelona played against us how we play against most other teams. Although it was brilliant to watch for a neutral, or even as a football fan as well as an Arsenal fan, like me, it was still frustrating to see Arsenal deal with it poorly.

Almunia kept us in the game after what can only be described as a complete battering for the first twenty minutes or so. And also some last minute interceptions and headers out for corners. But because I've never seen Arsenal pegged back like that before I didn't know how to react. I was watching the game at home with my Dad as I couldn't get a ticket for love nor money, so no matter how much I shouted for my team to go for it, no one could react to it so it didn't make a difference. Still though, keeping me quiet whilst watching Arsenal is as hard as keeping Ca$hley C*nt's and Cheater FC captain Terry's dicks in their pants at a Girls Aloud concert.

Thankfully Theo came on, changed the game for us and Fabregas showed us that he really does love us and even possibly risked his World Cup to give us as good a chance as possible of getting something from the Nou Camp that could send us through. I love Cesc. The passion, the fact he is Spanish (I am half Spaniard), the pure class, the pure quality, the celebrations of his wonder goals, his 19 goals this season and his leadership. Cesc, you will be missed, but I don't doubt that we can do the double for you. Cesc is now, unfortunately, another soldier added to the list of players that we will have to win the double for.

2-2 isn't the worst result we Gooner faithful were given on Wednesday considering how the game started and how our squad are dropping like flies. Plus the fact Barcelona are the best team in the world by a long shot and are exactly the kind of team Wenger wants his Arsenal to be like. But we have to be positive. I'm sure the squad are.

And this now leads on to my next point. Barcelona pinning us back and not even giving us a single second to even breath or think was something I had never seen before. But what I have seen before, many a time, is Arsenal absolutely battering teams and giving weaker opposition this 'Barcelona treatment'. So this brings me on to Wolves. They have put together a good three or four game run but we have got to stop that today. We're not on a bad run ourselves and now I want to see us batter Wolves. I want a healthier goal difference considering ours isn't as good as this new free scoring Chelsea and Grandad Man Utd. I want to see Bendtner get a couple of goals as he hasn't scored since Hull and I would like to see a better performance from Diaby because we all know he has it in his locker. Walcott hat-trick, Eboue double and Vermaelen from a corner. Not that I am underestimating Wolves in any way at all because I know they work hard. I just know that if Arsenal can concentrate on their game then they can do anything, even come back against the best team in the world.

I'm not going to the game today, which is a shame, but I will be listening to it on the Arsenal TV Online website and I expect Arsenal to be confident going in to the game. They have to be. Wolves is now the biggest game of the season right now. Chelsea are 1-0 ahead at Old Trafford and it's half time, girly Joe Cole scored and Man Utd are shocking without Shrek at the moment. Let's hope Terry scores a last minute own goal and Arsenal win today to give themselves a boost for their title hopes.

I hope that those of you who are going to the game today go absolutely mad. Give them your best support and I hope our mighty boys in red and white give us all something entertaining to watch. I'm not expecting Barcelona standard football... I'm expecting BETTER... ARSENAL STANDARD FOOTBALL!!!

RRREEEDDD AAARRRMMMYYY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment