Monday 5 July 2010

Fabregas – Is he staying or is he going?

If you ask me, I’d say keep him, not just for this season, but until his contract runs out. Seriously! Let him rot on the bench (ok, maybe ‘rot’ is too strong a word, let’s use ‘look beautiful’). Not to spite him, but just to fuck Barcelona over. Cesc can save his well earned pennies and buy out his own contract if he wants, I just don’t want Barca getting their own way. AGAIN! And yes, if you can’t already tell, I am the sort of person that would cut my nose to spite my face. No nonsense mate, regardless of the consequences.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore Cesc, I love him! I got his autograph after he won the FA Cup in 2005 and my love for him has grown every day and every season since. His passion fills me with so much confidence that he really does love us and the way he acts is so mature considering he is just under a year older than me! The fact that he’s Spanish, as well, makes me love him even more. Plus just watching him play football is almost as good as... erm... well, it’s better than anything!!! I just hate Barca and I don’t want them getting their way just because they think they can get away with it.

We all know the move is inevitable, and if you don’t, you’re in denial. However, I just want him to give us one, possibly two more seasons, to help us lift a trophy. Because let’s all be honest, we’re better off with him in our team pulling the strings than warming the Barca bench as he does with Spain. And I genuinely believe that he is absolutely desperate to win something with us. I reckon he will probably leave the second we win a major trophy. It’s probably a personal goal of his to end his Arsenal career with a great squad that dominate the Premiership, the Champions League or equal Man Utd’s record of 11 FA Cups.

I personally believe that we’re not that far away from a trophy winning squad, whether it’s the Premiership or Champions League I’m not sure, but I’m confident we’re not that far away from winning something. We’ve already proved that if our squad was larger last season we could’ve possibly coped with the injuries we had. We were in the title race for a lot longer than people believed we could be and we had so many important people missing in big games that I thought we did well considering.

Fabregas is probably at legendary status with Arsenal, if not officially, then in my opinion it’s a definite. And I know that word gets thrown around too often in football but not with me.

With England out of the World Cup I have Spain to follow. And although Fabregas is not being used they’re still doing the business and I think the same will happen if he went to Barcelona. He is a similar sort of player to Xavi so when he becomes too old then that’s when Febregas will probably go! But until then, I hope he stays and helps us achieve things that I haven’t seen Arsenal achieve for a while, TROPHIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment